Dr. Mesa is a native of Sogamoso Colombia and inmigrated to the USA in 1984. He complimented his education abroad with a certificate from the University of Florida graduating in 1989. Dr Mesa received his DMD license from the Florida Board of Dentistry in 1991.After setting up his initial practice in the Miami Dade area Dr. Mesa relocated to the beautiful city of Weston where he has been serving patients since 1994. Fluent in English and Spanish Dr. Mesa provides the community with professional state of the art dentistry administered with compassionate care.
Skilled in general and cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Mesa also specializes in complex Restorative Dentistry.
Dr. Mesa enjoys spending time with his family and friends. His hobbies are playing soccer, riding Bicycle, playing tennis, listening to music and traveling.
- Born in Sogamoso, Colombia (South America)
- Graduated in Colegio Sugamuxi (High School), 1976
- D.M.D. from Colegio Odontologico Colombiano
- English as a Second language 1984-1985
- Associate in Respiratory Therapy from Central Piedmont Community College, 1987 Charlotte, NC
- Certificate in clinical dentistry from University of Florida College of Dentistry, 1989
- Florida License 1991
- Continuum level I Advanced Dental Education from L.D Pankey Institute, 1994
- Continuum level II Advanced Dental Education from L.D Pankey Institute, 2000
- Continuum level II-e Advanced Dental Education from L.D Pankey Institute, 2002
- Continuum level III Advance Dental Education from L.D Pankey Institute, 2003
- Continuum level IV Advance Dental Education from L.D Pankey Institute, 2004
- Craniofacial Pain & Pathofunction, Mini Residency. University of Florida, 2003
- Private practice in Bogotá-Colombia 1982-1984
- Anatomy & Physiology Professor, Central Piedmont Community College, 1986-1988
- Clinical Instructor Respiratory Therapy Program, Deering Hospital 1988-1990
- Private practice in South Florida 1991- Present
Dr. Mesa and his wife with the 2013 Miami Heat champions